The GI controls in V-Ray are divided into two large sections: controls concerning primary bounces and controls concerning secondary bounces. A primary diffuse bounce occurs when a shaded point is directly visible by the camera, or through specular reflective or refractive surfaces. A secondary bounce occurs when a shaded point is used in GI calculations.
More about GI © Chaos Software.
Parameters are the same as the V-Ray.
Irradiance Map Quality slider – You can use this Slider to quickly set the Color, Normal, and Distance thresholds, as well as the Min/Max rates, Subdivs and Interpolation Samples based on VSSPmax quality presets.
Note that the quality presets are targeted for a Output size and Slider will be enabled if chosen Quality dropdown list – Custom and checkbutton Slider On is on.
More about Irradiance Map © Chaos Software.
Light Cache Quality slider – You can use this Slider to quickly set the Subdivs, Sample size values based on VSSPmax quality presets.
Note that the quality presets are targeted for a Output size and Slider will be enabled if chosen Quality dropdown list – Custom and checkbutton Slider On is on, Scale = Screen.
More about Light Cache © Chaos Software.
User can modify default rendering presets (if Quality dropdown list = Custom), create their own and save them:
Saving a Preset
1. Type the name of the preset into the edit box in the bottom part of the list.
2. Write a note or leave blank.
3. Press the button Add Preset (+). The preset will appear in the presets list. If a preset with that name already exists, it will be overwritten!
The Preset file will be stored in the C:\VSSPmax\userpresets\ directory.
Loading a Preset
1. Select the preset you want to load from the list.
2. Double click on the name in the list. The relevant parameters will be loaded from the preset.