The Platform/backdrop object is a very simple geometry plugin that implements a procedural platform/backdrop primitive for 3ds Max. For studio setup of a scene possible to use other geometry, but VSSPmax controls parameters only plugin vsspPlatform.
|There isn’t a lot of parameters.|
From the dropdown list you can select Platform shape:
– Simple Floor Platform
– Platform – L
– Platform – U
– Platform – S
– Platform – C
Below – all basic geometry parameters: Width, Length, Height, Roundness, Roundness Segments.
Parameters are dependent on used units! Please check your scene file units (System and Display units shall be same).
– Create Platform object and add to the list.
– Rename the selected Platform object and a layer.
– Freeze the selected Platform object.
– Hide the selected Platform object.
– Delete the selected Platform object and a layer.
User Defined Properties
Generate GI – This option controls whether the Platform object will generate Indirect Illumination. You can supply a multiplier for the generated GI.
Receive GI – This option controls whether the Platform object will receive Indirect Illumination.
Receive Caustics – When this option is checked the selected Platform object will become caustic receivers. When light is refracted by objects that generate caustics the resulting caustics will be only visible when they are projected on caustics receivers.
Visible in Reflections – When this is off, the Platform object will appear perfectly transparent to reflection rays.
Visible in Refractions – When this is off, the Platform object will appear perfectly transparent to refraction rays.
Platform Parameters Presets
The presets controls group allows you to save the parameters of Platform object into a binary file, so that you can re-load them again quickly, if necessary and apply to the other Platform object.
Saving a Preset
1. Type the name of the preset into the edit box in the bottom part of the list.
2. Write a note or leave blank.
3. Press the button Add Preset (+). The preset will appear in the presets list. If a preset with that name already exists, it will be overwritten!
The Preset file will be stored in the C:\VSSPmax\userpresets\ directory.
Loading a Preset
1. Select the preset you want to load from the list.
2. Select the Platform object to which preset will be applied.
3. Double click on the name in the list. The relevant parameters will be loaded from the preset.